Change log same as my previous post.
After a long period here’s the next SDVB (beta) update. As always lots of stuff changed/modified and this is a beta version so only install this if you know what you’re doing and how to test this. Preferrably you should test this in seperate portable installs (so called program files install, but any folder can be used of course) so that if you have a main setup that won’t be tampered with. Please remember that the app check for settings.ini in the local application folder at startup so you need to rename/remove that file, if there at all from a previous install, if you want to use seperate installs with seperate settings which don’t interfere with each other. I mention this explicitly here since some of the fixes in this version pertain to scheduling from multiple instances which never had worked well before it seems (thanks to those who reported and tested this, you know who you are).
For this version the blindcan/dx part has been revamped a bit. It had been more than 2 years since the initial setup of the dx part based on streamreader.dll so an upgrade there was due time.
Grab the new setup here a changelog is provided below and included in the history.txt as always
What’s new :
– fixed: dvb subtitles changes some subtitles weren’t being shown correctly.
– fixed: some addon fixes, internal counter wasn’t being updated so only one addon would be seen in the addon menu.
– fixed: bda.dev ms diseqc commited diseqc did not work properly.
– fixed: madvr issue where video would be hidden after showing normal (not sosd) epg (ctrl-e)
– fixed: mkv ffmpeg transcoded recordings were sometimes failing, default transcode.ini settings changes (‘-fflags genpts’ added thanks
to sinancetinkaya for figuring this out please remove the previous mkv record entries to use this new internal default)
from the ini to use the new defaults if so desired)
– fixed: remote ok/enter now expands/collapses a category when using the graphical list. This should allow better nagivation per remote.
– fixed: blindscan.dev now should also work with/tune dvb-t/c.
– fixed: various blindscanner cosmetic and user interface inconsistencies. Added frequency list and ability to start tranport stream
analyser on selected frequency.
– added: blscan2 support to the blindscanner.
– added: ability to do an rfscan from the blindscanner when selecting a tree frequency (it will also try to tune the frequency to
ensure we’re on the sat).
– added: ability to get m3u list from the current satellite (for now only general and favorites can be retrieved). Http streaming
needs to be enabled. http://x.x.x.x:x/server?command=.m3u (or main.m3u) retrieves all channels for the currently
selected satellite. http://x.x.x.x:x/server?command=fav.m3u retrieves all favorites, http://x.x.x.x:x/server?command=fta.m3u all fta stations for the current freq list). Tested with vlc on windows. Also works with android with iptv tools that are able to load .m3u urls.
– modified: some changes to http processing to improve error handling etc when requesting lots of http streams.
– fixed: cosmetic bug with graphical status bar which sometimes would paint status messages with the wrong colours.
– modified: various internal changes to try to improve stability with various devices.
– fixed: some possible remote handling issues regarding tbs devices and driver versions.
– modified: some changes to the old legacy vmr osd handling to try to improve repsponsiveness there, also some legacy memory leaks
fixed there 🙂
– added: integrated tune and manual scan to normal scanner.
– added: mpeg 2 chroma (4:2:2) detection, only tested with transport stream recordings.
– fixed: some changes to try to handle scheduling with multiple instances correctly.
– fixed: changes to stream analyser due to crash reports.
– added: option to bda.dev settings to disable tbs remote processing. If you have stability issues with your tbs device which
supports a remote try to enable this settings to see if it improves stability. Restart sdvb to be sure after setting this
– fixed: some bda.dev issue when switching devices concerning retaining correct settings per device (could be especially problematic
when switching devices these would not retain correct device type settings for diseqc etc).
– modified: some more scheduler bugfixes.
– added: pid recording to transport stream analyzer, ‘analyzer.ts’ will be created in the record folder.
– modified: some changes to the diseqc console regarding stability there. Signal status added and retune button.
– added: basic signal search/constellation to blindscanner (context menu options). Note this only works with streamreader.dll supported
devices (same as the blindscanner) so keep that in mind.
– fixed: some cosmetic fixes to the normal scanner.
– fixed: additional (extra) recordings were not being stopped due to disk space restrictions.
– fixed: issue with bda.dev where prefer capture and alternative signal detection were being saved incorrectly.
– fixed: bug in streamanalyzer which would not stop recording when closing analyzer without stopping the recording.
– added: option to streamanalyzer to record 184 bytes due to special request (was quite easy enough to do )
– fixed: calling rfscanner from blindscanner did not check if diseqc/positioner was necesarry.
– modified: made default rfscan window size somewhat larger (depending on your desktop size).
– added: save diagram option to constellation view.
– added: signal constellation/analyzer is now shown on the rfscanner double click instead of the previous scan information popup.
– fixed: some fixes to the diseqc console (or motor positioner). When called from the blindscanner it will try to tune the last blindscanned frequency.
Otherwise it tries to tune the last normally tuned frequency from the app or scanner.
– added: settings record option to record all dvb subtitles
– added: Options to main tools menu to also show signal analyzer directly from the app (it automatically switches to blindscan.dev, if you don’t want that make sure
you also use blindscan.dev to tune).
– added: option to record context menu to add some time to the end of record (5,10,15,30 or 60 minutes)
– modified: some small changes to transponder ini parsing to allow for updates from http://satellites-xml.eu/,
– added: device id is also added after caption tuner name (by request). This (including the tuner name) can be disabled by selecting
‘tools > settings > general > do not show device name after application name’
– modified: issue with the epg search dialog which would sometimes take too long to reload when switching from the dates to stations view.
– modified: versioning of device modules is now taken from the file version instead of the previous internal version (and yes indeed file versions were
from 18.104.22.168 from the start, i won’t lower them since this could cause install problems otherwise).
– modified: added some checks to blindscanner/signal analyzer/rfscanner for specific streamreader.dll support (blscan/blscan2/rfscan etc).
– modified: some more changes to the diseqc console at the blindscanner dialog for blscan2 compatibility (it was freezing when blscan2 was in use).
– modified: Blindscan 2 handling modified due to reported freezes when us blscan2.
– added: initial signal monitoring setup to signal analyzer, integrated with the search/constellation dialog
– fixed: schedule task dialog now retains some modified settings (at start action, at end action, wakeup, renderless, timeout). Also renderless
mode should be indicated by the ui now also.
– fixed: some inconsistencies with processing and saving mis/pls in normal scanner which at some places was still using MIS:[PLS0:1] for example. PLS string
is removed also to be consistent with blindscanner/signal analyzer etc.
– modified: blindscan.dev and smartdvb now use the latest current streamreader.dll and headers with preber modification to SEARCH_RESULT (version 22.214.171.1249)
– added: secondary blindscan2 mode (minimal ranges mode gives beter UI response but the blindscan might be slower)
– fixed: rfscanner had some pesky introduced bug in latest test version
– modified: replaced satellite transponder .ini files with more current ones.
– modified: transponder.ini satellites entries updated and now all .ini’s should be installed from an installer exe which should
not create a registry entry for each install.
- Scanner update would mark MIS entries with other ID incorrectly lost
- RF scan would not take into account other defined LNB’s for the current satellite and incorrect LNB limits might be set also when blindscanning
- Some more RF scan fixes/cosmetic issues
- Tray icon record state would not always correctly indicate recording on/off
- Issue where channel icons would not be shown correctly when SID’s were shown in the channellist (only for service name based icons)
- Some modifications to bda.dev tbs and autodetection code, might detect specific tbs devices (also tbs 6983) better now (thanks to steven)
- Some more fixes to scanner MIS parsing (thanks to alexi)
- RF Scanner resource strings added (for translations)
- MIS scan scanner (bda.dev) bug which could select the wrong mis when scanning (thanks once more to alexi)
- Sometimes a scheduled record would use the wrong EIT entry
- Some cosmetic changes to record name defaults
- Updated streamreader.dll to 126.96.36.1990
- Some minor fixes to the SmartOSD timeshift button toggles (remote now also should toggle between play/pause)
- Smartexec /channel option saves currently selected channel (satid,nid,tid,sid) to channel.dat in the settings folder
- HTTP stream option to stream radio station with MP3. (TV stations should also send the audio only through this http url)
- Basic transcode profile settings to allow for easier change/selected of different streaming/recording parameter sets. Seemed like a necessity to add this to the current external ffmpeg transcode setup. Profiles are saved to settings/transcode.ini
- Remote ch# selection should also move epg to the selected remote tab channel
- Ability to hide video status (main menu > view)
- Optional extra video status line showing video/audio type and simple record progress
- Video process to connection settings dialog. This allows you to enter a filter like for example ‘ffdshow raw filter’ to process video
- Alternate video decoder, based on name selection for now, if you have other suggestions please let me know. You can use this to for example select a different decoder for HD compared to H.264 (by entering a name like ‘ HD’ or alike)
- Seperate h.264 ffmpeg record transcode command lines. So you’re able to differentiate between then when recording, on slower systems you H264 transcoding speed is increased by using preset -superfast where possible. This might decrease recording quality in such cases though, remove it again if you don’t have issues with the efficiency of these transcoding on your system. Please note that slower systems might simply have problems automagically transcoding some recording types, if you’re system simply isn’t efficient enough for ffmpeg to transcode in real-time this might be unsolvable besides a quicker cpu.
- Renderless video renderer
- Option to schedule task exit to close the dvb device (experimental might be unstable, /STOPDEV parameter added to smartexec.exe for this purpose)
- Basic initial HEVC support. Current known codecs which support HEVC are lentoid/LAV/latest cyberlink. Please note that some of these codecs are still quite unstable and could result in application exceptions related to these codecs. HEVC is not implemented for PIP atm (seemed like overkill with just 2-4 available and unstable satellite HEVC streams)
- Lag issue which could occur with skystar devices (skystar.dev)
- bda.dev crash which could occur when switching to/from direct tune mode
- Skystar HD Express should now also work with skystar WDM device (skystar.dev), should be a better option for owners of such devices compared to the buggy bda implementation technisat provides
- Transcode parameters were not saved correct/used at the transcode settings dialog
- Video status bar would not update EPG progress/textual data correctly at all times, should work better now
- Skystar.dev signal stats were not being shown correct (quality/level were shown as being the same)
- Edit filter should be maintained between channel tab switches
- Scan update dialog lost channels are now sorted by frequency
- Some issues with transport stream transcoded recordings (mp4/mkv)
- Channel list tv filter would not be retained across application instances
- Adding a blindscan range now uses correct c-band defaults
- Client mode now also takes extra buffering into account when receiving streams (if set it’s used for client side receive buffering)
- Some transcode profile interface inconsistencies
- HTTP streaming seemed to fail on some XP systems, added HTTP option to optimize http streaming which might allow such XP systems to stream correctly when enabled
- HTTP internal caching reworked somewhat to try to make it more stable under various network conditions
- Some changes to bdas.dev due to reports, some people seem to have some weird exceptions there sometimes.If you experience worse/sluggish video or lockups at exit please let me know, i might need to revert these changes if it’s not for the better
- Some problems with audio process filter being added twice under some settings situations
- Some additional bug report fixes/modifications
- Main app status bar did not remain hidden if so requested on restart